Saturday

Evaluation Question Six

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of creating this product?
I had some practice using the camera when I did the prelim task but I still didn't know that much about using the camera. I could take basic shots and experiment with a few angles so it made that made it easy to use and film. As filming progressed I got to experiment with different camera movements like the pull focus. I learnt the importance of using a tripod to get steady shots and I made sure I used a tripod everytime we were filming.



I had some experience of using the apple macs from previous projects so I was confident in using some of the features of it which was really helpful because this is where we uploaded all of footage and used the software on it

We used iMovie HD to edit our film. Before I didn't know how to use it. We both weren't very confident in using it. But after a while we could use the basic functions. I learnt about the video and audio effects like the fairy dust effect and slow motion, which was something I enjoyed doing. I experimented with using differnt title effects like 3D spin and converge. I would've liked to experiment with the voice over narration. We played around with the sound effects from Skywalker Sound which is one of the features of iMovie and we used some of the sounds (the wind and the ticking clock) in our film. We had alot of clips but we had a few problems cutting the clips because sometimes it would undo all of the transitions and effetcs we had put on them, which meant we had redo everything again. Out of all of the technologies we have used I think I learnt the most from this because this was a software I had never used before, but in the future I think I will be able to use it more confidently.

I knew a lot about Garageband because I had used it before so it was very easy to use. Even though we didn't end up using the music we had created on Garageband it wasfun to use and create tracks with different instrument sounds on it.


I used a PC to upload pictures I had taken of cast, loactions etc. This was very easy to use as I had already had a lot of experience using it.
I used blogger to blog about our progress with the filming and research. I made sure i updated it regularly. Before I didn't know much about it, but over time i learnt how to use it and it got easier to use. We used Youtube to get feedback about our film and our progress. This was important as we needed know what we should change and what people think of our ideas. I was only used to watching videos on youtube and didn't know much about upload, but when we hah to do it, it was easy. We also used facebook to get feedback from people.

No comments: